If you do not have an Advance Directive or want to affirm what you have completed, contact Paula or Christel, Parish Nurses, to make an appointment to discuss these issues.
Here are two helpful videos to help you understand how to administer CPR as well as use the AED devices that are in the building. Hopefully the need will never present itself but these will help equip you should the need arise.
The Red Cross asks that all individuals who have traveled to China, and its special administrative regions, Hong Kong and Macau to postpone their blood or platelet donation until 28 days following return to U.S.
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- More than 41,000 blood donations are needed every day.
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is Type O.
- Sickle cell patients can require frequent blood transfusions throughout their lives.
- More than 1.6 million people were diagnosed with cancer last year. Many of them will need blood.
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
Please prayerfully consider signing up by contacting RedCrossBlood.org or Paula Hoegemeyer at 586.322.2319 or firstname.lastname@example.org