The Women’s Ministry Mission Statement is “To serve our Lord, the members of the Women’s Ministry of St. Peter, Macomb and provide our Church and community with Christian services, support of missions and outreach ministries and opportunities for Christian fellowship.”
Being a member of St. Peter means you are already a part of Women’s Ministry and are welcome to participate as your time allows. Some of the things we currently do:
- Host monthly fellowship gatherings
- Provide funeral luncheons
- Visit shut-ins at Advantage Nursing Home in Armada.
- Serve on the Altar Guild
- Participate in annual fund-raising and special occasion events – Cookie Walk, Pie Sales, and Special receptions.
- Make quilts for Lutheran World Relief and other charitable organizations.
- Participate in collecting items for various Kits made for Lutheran World Relief.
- Make baby blankets and periodically have Baby Showers for Compassion Pregnancy.
- Collect “Mites” for Lutheran Women’s Missionary League Grants
- Supply and deliver “Cheer Boxes” to shut-in’s each November.
- Support McRest, LBT (the Kaiser’s) and Haiti Lutheran Mission Society.
- And so much more.
Your Executive Board Contacts:
Darla Bratkowski – Co-Chair
Jeanette Yonka – Co-Chair
Joyce Schwark – Secretary/Lutheran World Relief/LWML
Nancy Dodson – Treasurer
Nanette Mapes – Altar Guild
Vickie Wangelin – Funeral Luncheons/Altar Guild
Evie Haley – Funeral Luncheons
Mary Ann Demetrakeas – Quilters’ Group
Lois Bellhorn – Advantage Nursing Home Coordinator